Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake


Does this not look positively delicious? Well it is. I got the recipe from here: Pinch of Yum . Which I originally found on Pinterest. Incidentally, I am relatively new to this pinterest fad. I had seen it around but hadn't signed up for it because I thought it was just another social media thing. Finally I checked it out and it turns out that I like it a lot. Mostly due to the fact that I am a very visually inspired person and pinterest is all about photos. AWESOME. So I have definitely gotten into the swing of that thing. 

I still have a whole half a pan left of this because my boyfriend isn't really a fan of sweet things - but I am very much a sweet tooth. It works out for me. Although, when his friends come over, anything I've made is immediately gobbled up and gone.


So the signs of spring are here. Hooray. I love it when I start to see crocus' pop their colorful little heads out of the ground. It just makes me so happy. And it definitely feels like spring here in Chicago. It has been unseasonably warm all winter - we barely had any snow at all. All next week it is supposed to be in the mid to high 60s and wednesday it's supposed to reach 70. I love it. That means that I can begin spring planting soon.


I haven't done any planting of any kind in years. The last time I can remember planting flowers was when I was nine or ten years old. I distinctly remember planting Zinnias in our family's backyard. Right now though I'm living in a rented apartment and I got permission from the landlord to plant. We've only been living here since September and where we were before had no yard. I've bought several seeds already but I need to get more, as well as more supplies.

What I have already are Zinnias, mixed flower seeds for the shade and full sun, marigolds, basil and parsley. I need to buy more herb seeds and maybe some more flowers. I also need potting soil and some containers for my herbs. This past summer I bough herb seedlings from the local farmer's market and they fared okay. It was hard because I bought them when we were living at the old apartment and I didn't have a place to put them where they could get a lot of sun - so they didn't grow as much as they could have. Still, I really enjoyed having the fresh herbs to cook with. Hopefully this year it will work out better.

This entry was posted in ,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply